Financial Services and Insurance Contracts

If, while we are acting for you, you require advice on investments, we may have to refer you to someone who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, as we are not. However, as we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, we may be able to provide certain limited investment services where these are closely linked to the legal work we are doing for you.

We are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance mediation activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts.  This part of the firm’s business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.  The register can be accessed via the Financial Services Authority website at Home (

The Law Society is the designated professional body for the purpose of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but responsibility for regulation and complaints handling has been separated from the Law Society’s representative functions and delegated to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (the independent regulatory body of The Law Society) and the Legal Ombudsman (the independent complaints handling body that has official powers to resolve complaints about solicitors).  If you are unhappy of have concerns regarding any insurance-related advice or services you have received from us, please let us know.  Please also refer to the information regarding our Complaints Policy on this site.

Book a Consultation

Your contact details

What legal service are you enquiring about?

Let us know a little about your requirements

By submitting this form I am agreeing to the full T&Cs and Privacy Policy of this website.